Sunday, May 17, 2009

The Story of Stuff

I know I know: Jon, didn't you just say you were in a testing week and didn't have time to write origional content for the Blog?

Well, the answer is yes. And once again I find myself in the oh-so fortunate predicament of being stuck in a perpetual Education:Exam time loop that is higher education. I mean all that fortunate stuff too. Exam weeks are for shit and my stress, emotions, normal brain function and humanity are all a bit tweaked, but what a place to be! I feel like any one of a number of Keanu Reeves characters* (Johnny Mnemonic, Neo, uh... that guy from The Devil's Advocate) who just soak up new information like a slightly moistened sponge. As stressful as exams can be I'm really grateful to be here.
Ok, the pity link:
http://www.storyofstuff.com/

This is the 20 min version of a book called, Stuff: The Secret Lives of Everyday Things. I read it a few years ago in New Zealand and think it's worh its weight in natural resources - more than enough to justify ordering yourself a used copy on Amazon (which, if you've read the book is high praise).

It's finals week for me and it may be for you as well. But, if youve got a second, use it to check out the link below:


http://www.storyofstuff.com/



*(Keanu Reeves turns 45 this September! Crazy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment