Sunday, October 4, 2009

Diplomacy.

Neuro is over (I hope) and I'm working my way back into a writing spirit. After this 6 week fast I've got all kinds of fodder, my favorite being a dream I had about aliens taking over my mind! It was a keeper.

My second favorite is a conversation I had with UNE students about parking. Everyone was complaining about looking 20 minutes for a spot every time they drove to campus only to find themselves at the opposite end of wherever they wanted to be. One student suggested commuters each get a designated spot so they always have a reasonably close place to park and never have to search for a spot. Just as quickly another student said that was ridiculous because she wanted to be able to park near the gym some days and the classroom other days and the health center still other days. She would never give up this great freedom of possibilities for the certainty of a good spot every single day. I couldn't help but find an American health care metaphor schmeared all over that discussion.

But...

As I'm not in the writing mood just yet, those stories will have to wait. Today, you get some thoughts on diplomacy.

Enjoy.



No comments:

Post a Comment