Saturday, January 9, 2010

FWD:FWD:FWD

I've been frustrated lately ((the only way to start a blog entry)) at the amount of right-wing, racist, bigoted forwards I've been finding in my inbox. Yes, there's the underlying loathing of ignorant, emailed, self-righteousness and the irksome reminder of my not to distant righty-tighty past -- but that's not it. It's not even the confusion at what folks were thinking when they FWD:FWD:FWDed the piece of drivel to me in the first place thinking I'd enjoy it.

What's really been eating at me is that I've had no place to vent my angsty frustration. No fellow frustatees. No commiserators.

And then I remembered you, my friend and faithful Reader, and this place we come to share and meet and feel together for a while.

And bitch about stuff.

Thanks, Reader, for being there even when all I can bring myself to write is a half-hearted title to an embedded Hulu clip.

Thanks for sticking it out.

I can't promise much for the next few months. School and all that is MS2 is not creative or life-giving or fun. It's less like fodder for writing and more like felled oak that needs to be split and seasoned before burning.

But if you'll last the winter with me - distant and unreliable - good things will come.

This summer everything will change.

I'm taking a year off.

.

1 comment: