Wednesday, September 9, 2009

UNECOM Rally -- Medical Students and Osteopathic Physicians

.
Hey! I hacked onto this laptop I found in the library and saw this satire and ice thing opened up! The owner was writing something about respect for authority and the dangers of communism, but I said, "To hell with that!" I'm going to post something that totally goes against what this guys stands for and that he would never condone. Ha! I bet he'll be mad when he finds out, because he never approved this message!

from,

Theiving Library Computer Guy Who Happens To Be a White Female and Not A Teenager


Dear UNECOM Students:
For those of you that are concerned about the current state of the University and the College of Osteopathic Medicine, a group of D.O.'s and myself have been organizing a gathering (so-called "rally") to be held AT 2PM THIS SATURDAY THE 12TH OF SEPTEMBER at Monument Square in Portland (Downtown District). We already have a very large number of practicing D.O.'s showing up, many of whom are your preceptors, professors and health care providers! We were discussing the importance of student involvement in showing support for osteopathic medicine and it was decided that students are wanted (and are needed!) to come to the demonstration to stand side-by-side practicing D.O.'s and be very frank about the goings-on in UNECOM recently. This event will be covered by the media and is sure to make quite the impact.

I will be the student contact person - please email me at my NON-UNE email address (for obvious reasons): RMSmith8@gmail.com. If interested in making posters and materials for the rally, let me know, and I will put you in contact with the D.O. that is leading this up (who all of you guys know). Do note that I am on a rotation now with long hours, and will most likely only respond in the evening.

Again, the rally will be at 2PM, this weekend-Saturday, Monument Square, Portland. If you need a ride, let me know, and perhaps myself or a volunteer can form a so-called "caravan" to get you to Portland. A physical outpouring of support is essential - so please consider attending. The Board is meeting on MONDAY the 14th now - so time is of the essence!

If you will be in attendance -- please send me an email at the ABOVE GMAIL address -- as we need roughly accurate counts.

I am meeting with this group of D.O.'s tomorrow early AM - so will have more to pass on about this at that time.

Any questions, please give me an email -- RMSMith8@gmail.com.

All the best,

Ryan M Smith, OMS-IV
Past Student Trustee, UNE Board of Trustees

No comments:

Post a Comment