Thursday, March 12, 2009

Said and Done

This round of tests is said and done. While my anatomy profs pull out their respective anatomy to compare whose is bigger, those of us fortunate to have taken the Head and Neck exam twice wait in the wings - wondering if we too should be booking rooms near UVM for the summer...

This week was a sad one for the System. There was one heart-braking story, a few mortal sins and a pissing contest between-- probably people who have the Internet, so I'll stop there. My head is too spinney for any real revelation just yet, but this weekend I'll try to rub two thoughts together long enough to make something happen. I'm working on a ''Medical School::Predatory Lender'' metaphor and a ''Why the UAAO Fund-Raising Auction Shows Capitalism's Calcaneal Tendon'' (Vaughn would love that.*). I'll get back to you on those.

I feel like I've been writing to apologize for not writing more than actually writing writing these days. For that, I'm sorry. It seems writing is like a muscle that needs to be ex-

Fuck it.

When I don't write, writing's hard.

I'm starting to write again.

Thanks for your patience.




*Dr. Vaughn is a PhD at the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine's Bacteriology Department and chair of the curriculum committee. He likes all things classics (Latin, Greek, Yiddish) and is an all around irreverent guy. I like him. He would think "Calcaneal Tendon" is a great way to say "Achilles' Heel."

1 comment:

  1. see but one day, we are going to write tomes and tomes about our ridiculous experiences and it will all be worth it. oh, wait, and we'll also be doctors- that too.

    ReplyDelete