Sunday, February 15, 2009

Bedtime and the Evil Sardonic...

I'm gonna save that title for later.

Wow!

What power. What thrust. What immortal possibilities!

(People who use too many exclamations marks in a single web based interaction are weird.)

My friends - I write in a John McCanian accent - this month I go gluten free. That's right: No Fatties.

No no, that's glutton free. Right right. No wheat...

No wheat sucks.

I had a mug'o'campbell's tomato soup tonight. Second ingredient? "Wheat flour."

Wheat flour???


That's right, alter ego, wheat flour. You'd think that once you added the tomato paste and water, the rest would just be a hint'o'salt'n'pepper and a smidge'o'basil. Not the case.

You see, wheat goes with everything; it's the black to my "...in time" 8 track. It's the Olestra to my anal leakage. But, do you know what wheat doesn't go with?

Bourbon.

That's right, friends, this Kentucky based liquor is a product of fermented corn and a dash of good ol' American ingenuity. So, on this the eve of my gluten free thirty days, I say, "Good riddance IPA, mac'n'cheese and breaded-fried delights.

"I have bourbon now, and you can't hurt me any more."

Going back for Jim Beam seconds (never sloppy, always smooth), this is Jonathan Story, saying,

"Hyphenate* always, and if necessary use spaces."


*If anyone can tell me the word that stands for the type of hyphenating with an apostrophe I did with "smidge'o'basil," you win a silly little product I made in the on-line. Happy dictionarying!

No comments:

Post a Comment